Thursday, April 30, 2009

Reflections



As I made my way home by train, plane, automobile, train and automobile again across the French countryside, to Paris then New York and on into the upstate region I could not help but think about some of the many ideas, challenges, opportunities and experiences that my work has brought to me. Some of these thoughts are germane only to me while others might be of interest to many people. Certainly the more you, my clients and friends, are involved in Montlaur the more it will affect you. Someone asked me recently what the effect of this place was on people who visit. My reply, right off the top of my head was that people come to inhabit Montlaur for day and Montlaur will inhabit them for a lifetime. Such is the quality of the place, such is the nature of the experience, it is one of those things that for the right people it becomes a passion, as rich as any that might be engaged in, as rewarding as any that might be experienced. And I offer it up as one that can be made to be yours, that you can always have a part of and be a part of. There is no other vacation experience like this …indeed it is not a vacation at all…it is life.

Montlaur needs its friends and its companions. It needs attention and love and affection. For too long it has languished in the realm of fairy tale castles. It needs to become real again and that is the honour and responsibility that everyone who joins me will share in. And there will be wine along the way.

1 comment: